This post will let you know about the Sassa Old Age Grant Online Application. If you are a South African citizen aged 60 years or older, then you should check out this grant in detail. For various categories, the South African Social Security Authority offers various forms of assistance. This grant is for those who are old and living in South Africa. The old age persons below 75 years will get R2090 and the people above 75 years will get R2110 per month. Before you apply, check the eligibility requirements. If you meet the criteria, then apply for it. Now, scroll down to get the details.
SASSA Grant For Old Age
If you want to apply for SASSA Old age grant then first I suggest you check the eligibility criteria and if you are eligible after you can read the application process carefully and at the end you can apply.
Eligibility criteria for SASSA Old Age:
Before you apply, you must check the requirements. You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for this grant.
- The candidate is qualified if they are a citizen or lawful permanent resident of South Africa. Additionally, refugees are eligible to apply for it.
- The age of the applicant should be 60 years or more.
- Those receiving any other grant are not eligible. A facility that receives funding from the government is also prohibited from housing or caring for the applicant.
- Single people must not earn more than R86,280. On the other hand, the married applicant’s earnings should be less than R172,560.
- Your assets should not be more than R1,227,600 if you are single and R2,455,200 if you are married.
- Also, check When will the SASSA R350 End
Documents Required for Old Age Grant Application
You have to submit the following documents along with your application form.
- Identity document of the applicant and spouse (if married).
- If married, then the proof of relationship status. For this, you have to submit a sworn statement/ divorce order/ marriage certificate/spouse’s death certificate.
- Income proof
- Assets proof
- Income of dependent children proof
- When affidavits are necessary, SASSA will provide the forms that must be filled out.
Old Age Grant Application Process
You can apply for the SASSA Old Age Grant both physically and online. To submit an application manually, you must go to the office. To apply online, you must go to the website.
Apply via Website
- Click on the below link to proceed.
- On the website, you have to first register for the grant.
- After you complete the registration, sign up at the portal.
- Now click the type of grant, which is the Older Person’s Grant.
- Fill out the form completely, where you have to provide your personal information.
- Now print the affidavit and commission it by the commissioner of oath. Submit the bank payment form.
- Now scan these documents and upload them to the portal.
- After completing all these steps, you have to click the submit button.
- Remember that if you provide false information, your application will be rejected.
Old Age Grant Apply via Office·
- Visit the nearest office to apply.
- Applicants who are too old or unhealthy are exempt from going to the office. Their family members or friends can apply on their behalf.
- Complete the application in the presence of a SASSA official.
- After completing the form, receive the receipt, which is proof of submitting the application.
- Also, read complete procedure about Old Age Homes for SASSA Pensioners.
How much is an old age grant?
The amount given to the beneficiaries is R2,090 per month. However, those with an age of more than 75 years will receive R2,110 monthly.
Old Age Grant Payment Method
You can receive your payments in three ways that are mentioned below.
- Pick it up at designated pay points.
- Through a bank or Postbank account.
- Institutions such as old age homes.
After receiving the applications, the authority will evaluate them. In this step, your assets and income will be evaluated. So, if you meet all the requirements, your application will be accepted. In other cases, it will be rejected. So, that’s all about the SASSA Old Age Grant Online Application. Hopefully, you have all the necessary details.