This article goes into great detail on the SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant SRD. South African nationals and asylum seekers are eligible for this special award from the South African Social Security Agency. Eligible people get grants in the form of money or food. One of the best initiatives by the government is to provide relief funds to citizens who are unemployed and have no source of income. This is one of the best steps taken by the government. Before you apply for this program, you need to check whether you are eligible for it or not. Only candidates who meet the requirements will be able to receive funds. Scroll down and get the complete details about SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant.
SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant
Through SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant, eligible candidates will be given r350 per month for the next 3 months. An additional 3-month grant will be paid to the candidates in exceptional cases. So, check the details about this program below.
Eligibility Criteria of Social Relief Grant:
There are some requirements that are set by SASSA. Apply only if you meet all of them.
- South African citizens, Special permit holders, asylum seekers, and refugees are eligible for this grant.
- Age should be at least 18 years and 60 years maximum.
- You must be unemployed and receiving no grant or stipend from any source.
- Applicant must be living in South Africa.
- Those who have applied for any social grant and it is approved but the payment is not received yet.
- Medically unfit person.
- If the breadwinner of the family has died or been sent to jail.
- Disaster affected area residents but the area is not declared a disaster area yet.
- Before applying you must have to check more details at the SASSA online application.
How to apply for Social Relief?
If you are applying for SRD, you can choose between two choices i.e. apply on the website and apply through WhatsApp. Send your messages to 082 046 8553 for WhatsApp apply. For website application, follow the below-given procedure.
- At the portal, you need to select your category i.e. South African ID Holder or Asylum seeker/social permit holder.
- Click the Apply Online button now.
- Enter your mobile number and proceed.
- You will receive a 6-digit code. Verify it by entering it in the portal.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and proceed.
- The next step is to provide your personal details there.
- After this, you have to enter your account details.
- Submit your form after completing all the details.
- Also, visit srd status check.
How Much is the SASSA Social Relief Grant?
The amount for the Social Relief grant is r350 per month. Also, read what is sassa otp code?
So, this was all the required data for the SRD program. You have checked eligibility, application procedure, and other details here. Check whether you are meeting the requirements or not. Apply for the SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant if you are eligible. Stay tuned with us for more relevant posts.